Leak Detection in Grand Prairie, CA
If you have a leak in your house, you must immediately locate and fix it. To inform everyone of some common leaks and their signs, we gathered some information. Throughout this article, we will go through the benefits of leak detection, common signs of leaks, common places for them and how to fix them, and how Texas Rooter can help. So, let’s start.
What Are The Benefits of a Leak Detection
More than 10,000 gallons of water are wasted in the United States. This harms the environment, and the homeowner is drowned in the cost. However, with modern technology, locating leaks is easier than ever. If you get your leak detection early, you will avoid the nonstop costs of water sitting in your house extensively. Call Texas Rooter to get your leak detection today.
Common Signs of Leaks
If you can’t visibly see a leak in your house, check these three things to see whether you have one.
- Reduced Water Pressure: If when you open the sink, the water pressure seems to be decreased, this can be because the air gets inside the pipes or the water is flowing in another direction.
- Gurgling Noise: If you hear a gurgling noise whenever water flows, this is caused by the air inside the pipes, causing the water to flow with a weird noise.
- Increased Water Bill: Do you see a significant increase in your water bill? If so, this can indicate a leak in your house. Call Texas Rooter today to get your leak detection in Grand Prairie.
Common Places of Leaks
- Toilet Leak: A very common place where you will experience a leak in your house is near a toilet. Like all the other listed leaks, a toilet leak can be caused by many reasons. However, unless the pipes cause the problem, it is very easy to fix and takes no time. Make sure that the tee bolts are tight so that they stay at their base. Make sure to replace the wax ring. There are no downsides, just benefits to replacing it. Check the supply line connection and ensure the rubber seal is tight.
- Basement Leak: Basement leak can be challenging to fix. So, we must always make sure to take our precautions. So, add the gutter extensions and stop the water coming into the basement. Seal the walls and make sure no humidity gets in. Fix the pipe if that is what is causing the leak. Lastly, seal the floor cracks.
- Kitchen Sink Leak: The kitchen sink leak is easy to fix. Replace the corroded p-trap. If the o-ring is damaged, make sure to replace it. If the washer has been used for many years, it may be time to get a new one.
- Slab Leak: Lastly, if there is a slab leak, most likely the problem is caused by a broken water line and needs to be repaired by lining inside the line. If you want to learn more about getting a leak repair in Grand Prairie, call Texas Rooter today.
Getting a professional leak detection requires an experienced company. That’s why at Texas Rooter, we have dedicated ourselves to providing quality plumbing services to our customers. With our modern equipment, dedicated staff, and community support, water leak repair has never been easier. Call us today to learn more about us and our services.